Thursday, December 15, 2022

What I’m Working On

Someone ordered a commission quilt from me…a few months ago….actually she wants two quilts. Specifically, two quilts made for her daughters from the late mother-in-laws clothing. I had told her I couldn’t possibly get them done for Christmas, but now I am rethinking that. I think I am more intuned now with how much comfort they can bring to her teenaged daughters. I have done memory quilts before, and I always make it clear that I won’t rush through them, as you have a limited amount of fabric and no room for mistakes. I got busy and got all the fabric for the first one interfaced and cut out. 

I’m happy to say I got it together, got the borders on, and got it loaded on the frame.


She had let me know her mother-in-law loved hummingbirds, and I found the perfect quilt design for the quilts.

This is going to be so pretty; I will need to get myself into high gear and get the second one started. I really want to have them both done before Christmas. Then I will start on my own.

I was at church on Tuesday. We decorated the tree in the sanctuary and the one in Luther Hall.

I am in the back handing the ornaments up to The man on the ladder. We had a lunch after we finished, and that evening I went out for Mexican food with Alan and Dave. We also drove around and looked at Christmas lights. 



The good news is that I had enough food left for another meal. I ate that Wednesday night. LOL.

I am so grateful for my friends and my church family. I love all of them. šŸ’• 

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful to be surrounded by loving friends and family and to have a great church family!

    ReplyDelete