Sunday, December 11, 2022

Stitching Update

I got the Aida fabric I ordered for a blue sampler. This one:

I was really hoping to find something that matched the fabric I’m use if for the red one. I laid them out together to compare.

I have to say they are not exactly the same. It’s so hard when ordering online, but I don’t have a shop locally that sells stitching supplies. I will go ahead and use it. It is not exact, but it is pretty close, and since I am using a different floss color, it won’t be too bad. 

I have made quite a bit of progress on the red one.

I have four rows of alphabet and then I need to finish the backstitching on the right border. I feel like the end is in sight. I started it I think in February, so it’s been a while, although there were several months in the summer that I didn’t touch it. 

4 comments:

  1. Your red sampler looks great! Yes it is difficult to match fabrics online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am getting anxious to get it finished.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a design choice honestly. Unless they will hang right next to each other you'll never know. Maybe stagger them on the wall. What you've done so far is beautiful. Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I agree. I think once I get a different color floss on it, the background won't matter as much unless the two pieces are hung side by side.

      Delete