Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Fooling Around With Kaffe

Or maybe I should say "fooling around with the Kaffe design roll". I have most of the pairs sewn together at this point and started to play around with how to lay them out. This was what I was originally planning to do

but, I don't think I like how all the prints sort of mush together.....especially as you keep adding blocks. I think it needs sashing. 

I'm pretty sure I like that better, but it means more cutting so that's the disadvantage. I will keep on working on this one. 

The rest of the day was customer quilts. 

I got this one finished; I still need to trim it and cut some binding. I got another loaded and partially done:

Isn't that rose quilt pattern pretty in pink thread? I've used that quilting design three times in the last couple of weeks. I'm happy about how well it is working out.

It was rainy and cool all day; when I got back to my shop from running an errand, I had a friend waiting for me.

I keep a plate of cat food by the back door for the stray cats that roam around here. He was letting me know the plate was empty. He is a regular here and looks pretty chubby so he may be a neighbor cat who has figured out where he can get a second meal.

1 comment:

  1. Haha on the distinction on the Kaffe "playing around". :D Those blocks are gorgeous.
    Awww that is a sweet looking kitty. We have one we feed too, I feel so sorry for him. He has the ear mark, so at least he is neutered, but I'd love to take him in. That one you are feeding reminds me of our tuxedo Toby, who adopted us in 2020 after being a stray for several months.

    ReplyDelete