Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Cross Stitch Ups and Downs

I took my cross stitch with me last week to work on in the hospital. I am one of those people who always has to be doing something, so I try to take some handwork along if I know I will be sitting for long periods. My last post on this one:

This was a good choice to take with me as there are no color changes, but a bad choice in a way because of all the counting. I did make some progress.

I got all the flowers and the vase completed and started on the side borders.

Unfortunately, I found a couple of mistakes. I have an extra stitch in a couple of places.

I am thinking about what to do. I can rip out and redo the backstitching, or I can leave it and purposely make the same mistakes on the other side border. Of course, that adds two extra rows that won’t have stitching so I don’t know. I’ll have to make a decision before I can continue. 


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece! It is hard for me to recognize which is the extra stitch, it all looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn, that was my "Anonymous" comment above, I made it from my iPad and it wouldn't let me sign in!

    ReplyDelete