Tuesday, November 15, 2022

To Do List Tuesday 11-15-22

I've gotten quite a bit done in the past week, but some of the time was spent on things that weren't on my list. It's okay, though. Sometimes I need to go where the mood takes me. Here's a recap from last week:

1) Bind the three customer quilts I did last week. I did two of them. I am still trying to find thread to match the binding on the third one.....hopefully soon. 
2) Keep cutting scraps. I did so-so on this one. I got some done, but it wasn't every day like I would like to do.
3) Sashing for Kaffe design roll. I won’t finish this one, but I would like to keep making forward progress. I got a few rows together so it's coming together.

4) Finish the sewing machine cover I started last week. Oh my. This got finished, but I don't like it. It's a tragedy.
I didn't have any thick stabilizer, so I used a midweight fusible interfacing. Total fail. I ordered some fusible bosal foam and will see if I can take it apart and make it work. If not, I'll have to start over. Luckily, I didn't spend much for the fabric.
5) Crochet some more dish cloths. Yes, I did. I think I got five or six done. I will add pictures in a later blog post.

So, I guess you could say I had mixed success with my list. Time to start a new list and see what happens this week.

1) Quilt and bind three more customer quilts.
2) Finish the quilting on my Prairie Flowers quilt and then get it off the frame so I can proceed with number one.
3) More crocheted dish cloths. Hobby Lobby has the cotton yarn on sale this week, so I will try to make a trip over there and see what I can find.
4) Keep cutting up scraps.
5) Keep adding rows to the Kaffe quilt. 

That's enough to keep me busy and out of trouble for a week, I think. I know it's doable, but it's a lot of stuff, so I won't be upset with myself if it doesn't all get done. I am linking this post to TexasQuiltGal.

9 comments:

  1. Seems to me you got quite a lot done this week. Aren't our goals list a reminder of what we want to get done rather than a 'must' get done list? I like your prairie flowers quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way to look at it! I tend to be disappointed if it doesn't all get done.

      Delete
  2. Kaffe is looking good, and I love your Prairie Flowers quilt. Have fun at Hobby Lobby - I get quite distracted by all their Christmas stuff. Sorry about your machine cover, but it sure is pretty. Thank you for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I am going to make an effort to fix that sewing machine cover although sometimes when I try to "fix" things, I end up wishing I had just started over.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for showing the failures too. Not enough bloggers do this and it leaves me feeling less than, often. I made a cover for my laptop that turned out badly. You just gave me the courage to try again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you--I like to see the whole process including the good, the bad, and the ugly. I hope you will try the laptop cover again!

      Delete
  4. What a great week for you! I love your Kaffee quilt. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So frustrating when a project doesn't work. But you seem to have a plan, hope it works out. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete