Sunday, November 13, 2022

Progress

It doesn't look like progress when few things were actually finished, but they are moving along pretty well. I was able to spend some time on my Kaffe top and got this far:

It's taking a little longer than I would like, but I am trying to keep the momentum going on it. The sashing with no cornerstones is never a favorite of mine as I spend lots of extra time getting it lined up perfectly--or as perfect as I can get it. I'm pretty sure we've all seen quilts where the vertical sashing doesn't line up from row to row. That is something that would make me crazy. 😒 I'm also putting black thread on the machine when I work on it, so that means I have to change thread and bobbin if I've been working on something else. 

I also finished the quilt that was on the frame 

and got a lot of binding made.

I know what I will be working on Monday......putting the binding on the quilts! I got another quilt loaded, but didn't take any pictures of it. It is one of mine; I think it was my October goal quilt, so I will get it knocked out, hopefully, while I am binding.

We finally got some cold weather. It was in the forties all day yesterday, and it is forecasted to stay cool all week. I made a big pot of chili--that is always what I get hungry for when the first good cold front comes through. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn, I love your Kaffe top, and those blue prints on the quilt that is on your frame are just beautiful. We are forecast colder weather this week too - we had 31 this morning with only the high 40s and low 50s this week. Autumn comes at last!

    ReplyDelete