Saturday, November 12, 2022

Sew Much Fun

Yesterday was full of fun and productivity. Serenity (granddaughter) has been wanting to learn to crochet, and she didn't have school yesterday, so......

I know it feels really awkward when you first learn, but she stuck with it for a few hours and can now do a row of chain stitches, then turn and do single crochet across the chain. She is going to practice this week, and then next week I'll show her how to do a double crochet.

While she was crocheting, I got a customer quilt done.

It may look familiar--I did two for her from the same fabrics, and I have another yet to do. I also got the binding on another one.

It's charm squares with a border. Sometimes the simple ones are very effective. I got some more binding cut for the ones I am finishing. I will try and get it all sewn together today. It doesn't look like I will get to have my road trip today. It's taking Bill longer than expected to recover from whatever he had a few weeks ago. He said it was a head cold, but more likely bronchitis. Of course, he refused to go to the doctor so who knows. He is not feeling bad and not coughing any more, but his energy level is still really low, and he tires out pretty quickly. I think the trip to Houston last weekend may have been too much, but I didn't realize it at the time. We will most likely hang out at home all weekend so he can get some rest.


2 comments:

  1. Your granddaughter is adorable, pretty hair. I tried to teach my 20 and 18 yo granddaughters to crochet last time they were here, and they did not have the patience Serenity has - lol!
    Tell your husband to be careful with that low energy level. When I was in my 30s I had a bout of sickness and didn't go to the doctor. After I thought it was over I just couldn't get my energy back, and one of my co-workers noticed I had lost weight and insisted I go to the doctor. The doctor diagnosed pneumonia and I didn't even know I had it! He gave me antibiotics and I was feeling better within a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda. She is a sweet girl. She texted me a picture today of how far she has gotten with the crochet, and it looks good. I don’t know what to say about Bill. He refused to go to the doctor when he first got sick—I am hoping he will go this week as his energy level is really low and he doesn’t have much appetite.

    ReplyDelete