Sunday, May 21, 2023

A Small Diversion

It was another nasty, dreary day. I lost electricity about 8am; I reported it online, and then I headed to the other side of town to my shop since the online map didn't show any outages there. Of course, I have to disengage the garage door from the opener in order to get the car out. I decided I needed something bright and cheery to work on.

Someone gave me two fat quarter packs last year.....there are five colors in each pack, and I picked out a pattern to use.
The pattern needs 11 fat quarters, so I added a similar one from my stash. The gray i'm using for the background is something Walmart had on sale some time back for $1.50/yard. I bought several yards, I don't remember exactly how many.

I'm having some issues with the fabric--some of the "fat quarters" are around 19" wide insstead of 22". That means I am not going to have enough fabric to cut all the hst's. I have no idea where they were purchased or even when they were purchased. They were in a little bundle tied with a ribbon.....I'm guessing JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby. I may make a trip to Corpus on Monday and see what I can find. I've been wanting to go to Macy's anyway.

I have been working on getting my UFO's completed and didn't really plan to start something new. I justified it by getting the border put on this one.

It can join its friends in the "to be quilted" stack. If I don't get it quilted this year, it will definitely be on next years UFO list. 

4 comments:

  1. Those colors are going to make such a pretty quilt! I love the Villa Rosa patterns. I hope you’ll show us your progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love their patterns too! So fast and easy.

      Delete
  2. Great job finishing a flimsy! Enjoy your new project.

    ReplyDelete