Friday, May 5, 2023

APQ Quilt Along

I have been working on a few different things, but I am happy to say I got all five of the H blocks done 

and all three of the I’s.
I know the light blue squares look a little “off”, but that fat quarter has been in my stash for a long time, and I was trying to use it up. There is still a little left that can hopefully get used up on another block.

I have J ready to go, and I also cut out two bonus blocks. Im definitely past the half way point by now, so it should be downhill from here.

In the evenings I go outside with the dogs—if it isn’t raining. Two evenings ago I accidentally threw Reba’s ball over the fence. Poor Reba! She was running everywhere trying to find her hall. I got her a new one yesterday, and she is a little obsessed with keeping it with her.


When she finally came in and laid down, she had the ball in her bed with her.
What a dog! It was so cute, it was the worth the trip to get the new ball.

Oh! Did everyone but me know this? Sam’s Club has the leftover rotisserie chickens divided in quarters and packaged as either four breast halves or four leg quarters. They are cold in the meat case.

The best part? It was $3.98 for four large breast halves. I’m not a dark meat fan, so this was perfect. The worst part? That’s more chicken than one person can eat in a reasonable time. I’ve eaten it for three nights, and tonight I finally pulled the rest off the bones and put it in the freezer. We have a church luncheon Tuesday, and we need to bring finger foods. I’m thinking chicken salad. LOL. I can go back to Sam’s and get the mini croissants, and I’ll be all set.

1 comment:

  1. Awww Reba is SO cute with her ball! Love her name. :D Chicken salad on mini croissants sounds wonderful. The rotisserie chickens are such a bargain, and I have bought them for years. But the last one we bought was not done! I was kind of shocked. I just nuked the parts that looked a bit raw. I'll look for those "parts" in the meat case next time we go. Your APQ blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete