Wednesday, May 3, 2023

May UFO's

The May number for the American Patchwork and Quilting UFO challenge was drawn over the weekend.

I'm confused--or maybe I was confused last month. Number 8 on my quilting list is the Flutterby quilt, and I did that one last month.

Here is the quilt; binding and all:

April should have been number 4 which was the Hanging Gardens quilt. No worries, I'll do that one for May. I was a little undecided on a backing, but I have a few weeks to think it over and come up with something.

My number 8 for piecing is a String Star.

I started a string star quilt about 20 years ago, and occasionally when I am looking for something, I run across random pieces to it. I remember I drafted the 8-point star myself on notebook paper and stitched the strips to it. Here is the problem.....this is all I can find at the moment:


I really, really, really want to finish this one. I know there are more pieces, but I don't know where. I think I will see if I have any of the templates left, and if so, I may try to piece a few more blocks. If I find the missing ones that's fine, and if I don't, it's fine too. 

In the meantime, I never did finish my April piecing goal (Curvy Log Cabin), so I may just continue with that for May.


1 comment:

  1. It seems hopping from one project to another (keeping them all going) is part of the quilting fun! I hope your enjoy working towards your goals this month!

    ReplyDelete