Thursday, May 18, 2023

What I'm Working On

I didn't work on anything on Tuesday--that's the day I took my stepdad to Lake Jackson for his neurologist appointment. It took all day, but I was rewarded:


The weather had cleared up by the time I took this picture, but oh, it poured rain in the afternoon. I could barely see to drive, and I didn't want to pull over as we didn't really have much time to spare. 

Yesterday I worked on this lovely table runner.



I can see that it is all made from 5" squares, and I would love to make one for myself--only not blue. Red would be nice. I took the chairs from my breakfast area to the upholsterer to be recovered. I had an entire bolt of home dec fabric I bought several years ago to recover them, it’s a green and gold and dark red plaid, and I never got around to doing it. I think it was a little over my head, but it took me a few years to admit it to myself. Anyway, it would be nice to have a new table runner to dress up the table.

I got the patterns for the APQ alternate blocks. They aren’t in the magazine, but we’re made available to the Facebook group members. I didn’t necessarily followed the listed colors, but I stuck with the same palette I’ve been using.

I still haven’t decided what to about the missing K blocks….I think I need to count and see what it I have so far, and decide how many more I might need. I’m about ready to be done with this one, so I need to try not to over burden myself with more and more blocks.

2 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so pretty and bright. That will be a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am trying to stay on track and get all the blocks done.

      Delete