Saturday, May 27, 2023

Lots of Activities


Things have been incredibly busy around here. Thursday was quilt guild, and it was my turn to provide a door prize and also to provide refreshments. I try and sign up for both in the same month, and then I’m done and don’t have anything hanging over my head for the rest of the year. I made sausage rolls, and I bought some donut holes and some trail mix. Beth made biscotti and also brought fresh fruit. I wish I would have thought to take a picture but I didn’t. We were supposed to have a workshop, but the presenter couldn’t get her computer to work, and she had forgotten to bring the blocks we were supposed to work on. They were preprinted blocks for coloring. She dropped mine off at my house yesterday afternoon, but I am not exactly motivated to work on them by myself, so we’ll see if they get done or not.

Today there is a funeral at church, and I am on the bereavement team, so last night I fixed pecan pie bars and raspberry oatmeal bars.

I actually fixed another larger pan of the pecan pie bars.
I thought I might have over-cooked the raspberry ones, so I made a powder sugar glaze and put it on the top. I usually do a cake or pie, but I was noticing that people like to take several small pieces of the desserts so I think the bars may be the way to go. 

I got a customer quilt loaded yesterday and started cutting out another kit for the cruise. I have had to work on grass cutting for the last few days so that takes a chunk of time. I wish I could just hire someone to do it, but the last person I had couldn’t do it to suit me, and my dogs have a total fit if someone is in the yard. <sigh>.

I have some yardage in the washer right now. I picked up some kid-friendly fabrics when I was in Walmart, and I decided I better pre wash it before it goes into a quilt.  I also got some at JoAnns Monday, but I haven’t washed it yet. I am anxious to get the quilts cut out. They will be going to Midcoast Family Services here in Victoria. I ordered a new pattern (I haven’t received it yet) that will show the focus fabrics.

I bought two yards of this dinosaur print.
I love how realistic it is—not too babyish or cartoonish. I also got some jungle animals and I don’t know what all else. Between Walmart and JoAnn’s, I spent around $250.00. I’m not sure how long I can continue doing that, but for now I will do what I can. I believe God will provide a way for me to serve. I did talk to the facility director last week, and she said the quilts and bags we are providing mean so much to the kids. They are generally arriving there from a domestic violence situation, so they come with nothing. It’s pretty sad. Anyway, enough of the sad stuff. Happy Saturday everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment