Sunday, May 28, 2023

Moving Along

Another hectic day, but I managed to get some things done that I wanted to do. I went to the Farmer's Market and got there early enough to get some tomatoes.


I got various shades of ripeness so they will last the week (I hope), and I also bought some squash and cucumbers. I helped in the kitchen at church--it was a big meal, and we were there for several hours.

Once that was done, I could have used a nap, but I pushed myself to get some sewing and cutting done. I got another kit cut out for the cruise.

It really wasn't hard to cut, which made me wander why I had put it off for so long. I also got the binding finished on the horse quilt.

A customer pieced it, and then gifted it to me along with the fabric for the backing. Now that it is quilted and bound, it will be gifted to someone else. Full circle.

I started cutting out some of the fabrics I had laundered for the charity quilts in hopes that I might get some sewing time after church. This is one of them:

I think it will be adorable in a child's quilt. I am going to use that checkmate pattern I showed yesterday, so it shouldn't take long at all.


1 comment:

  1. Just read your last post and this one - you have really been busy! Those maters look good. Your quilt production is amazing - and then you also make bars and help in the church kitchen - I'd want a nap too - lol!

    ReplyDelete