Monday, May 8, 2023

Cross Stitch

I have done a lot of quilt alongs; in fact, I am doing one now. When another blogger announced a cross stitch along, I thought it might be fun. To be perfectly honest, I didn’t know what might be involved, but I ordered the chart, and the recommended fabric and floss. 

I assumed it worked like a quilt along with weekly prompts and maybe an instagram tag where stitchers could post pictures of their progress. It apparently doesn’t work that way, and there hasn’t been much impetus for me to work on the project. 

I found it a couple of days ago in my project bag—you can tell I had wadded it up and stuck it in the bag.

What a mess! I needed to decide whether to scrap it or start working on it. One issue I have is the alphabet…..it is missing about five letters, which kind of bugs me. The other issue is the fabric. It is a dingy color which to me looks dirty. I like something a little brighter. But, I’d already spent the money so why not just finish it?

I put it beside my chair so I can work on it a little while I watch tv. I need to take my stepdad to a doctors appointment in Lake Jackson next week, so that is another opportunity to get some stitches in. I’m hoping it won’t take too long to finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment