Tuesday, August 3, 2021

August UFO Challenge

Every year, APQ hosts a UFO challenge where you choose 12 projects to finish, and a number is drawn each month. It doesn't have to be quilts, just whatever you want to get finished. For that month, you are supposed to work on the project number that corresponds to the number drawn. In theory, you should have 12 finished projects by the end of the year. Of course, we all know how that goes.  It's a new month, and time for a new number.

August is number 10. Batik stained glass blocks that were from a swap in 2019.
I'm not sure where those blocks are at the moment, but I am pretty sure I have enough for a full top. It would be great if I didn't have to make more blocks to get everything done. The problem with the online swaps --at least for me-- is that I end up with a lot of stuff that never gets actually put into a quilt. Sometimes I am tired of the blocks by the time the swap wraps up, sometimes I don't have enough to a top, and other times I end up with a bunch of blocks that need to be remade. That's what happened with the batik pinwheels, and I wasn't able to get finished with it in May because there are so many that I still need to re-do before I can use them.

I didn't touch the UFO for July. It was number 12. I like it and would like to get it finished, but it didn't happen. Too many other things I wanted to do. Of course, I did get some other UFO's completed in July, so I'm happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment