Friday, August 13, 2021

Thoughts on Blogging

I was looking at my Blogger dashboard, and I have blogged more this year than I did in any other years I have blogged. I started blogging in 2009, and I did great, and then I didn't. I took a very long break from 2016 until this year, and I really don't know why other than I just lost the motivation. I did try keeping a paper journal during that time, and that was a total bust. I started and stopped a bunch of times. Another thing I noticed on the Blogger dashboard, I once had a lot of page views, and now I have about 1/4 of that amount. I'm pretty sure that any regular readers I had have long since given up on me. If it weren't for those page view stats, I wouldn't think anyone was reading my posts. I would like to have some comments, but people don't seem to do that anymore either. 

Either way, I am glad I started blogging when I did. I have gone back through my posts and seen so many projects I would long ago forgotten about it it weren't for the pictures I have here. It was a push to me to be more diligent about recording the pictures and the progress. So much of what I make is donated or gifted, in fact, almost all of it. I don't have the desire to keep a lot of the quilts. I only can use so many, and I already have a bunch of antique ones on my available shelf space. That gives me an idea for a new blog post. I need to take pictures of my antique quilts and post them here. I will plan to do that one day. Maybe closer to the end of the year. 

Anyway, if you would like to follow my blog, you would be welcome to do so. If you ever want to leave a comment, I will do my best to respond to your comment. And, since I like pictures in my posts, here's one of a Jagdterrier. 


4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog on Quilterblogs and enjoy it. I love your crazy patch blocks made from 10 inch squares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet. I really love those crazy patch blocks too. I'm already thinking about the next one I will make with those templates.

      Delete
  2. I’m also here via Quilterblogs.com. When I look through the listing of blogs, I find that I tend to actually click on a blog more often if I see a picture. Maybe that will get your readership up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. I agree with you about the pictures. I try to add pictures to each post, but they don't always show up on the thumbnails they show on Quilterblogs.

      Delete