Thursday, August 19, 2021

Scrap Management

I laughed at myself for choosing that title....I really don't manage scraps, I just try and keep up. Unfortunately for me, it is a losing battle most of the time. I found so many small pieces that weren't big enough to put on the shelves with my fabric so I started cutting them up.

The main problem is how time consuming it can be. I dumped a bunch of them out and started cutting squares. That's probably the best way to ensure they will get used. I cut squares 5", 3.5", 2.5", 2", and 1.5". Whatever I can fit from a scrap. Bill says I should just throw it all away. He says I will always buy more anyway, and he's not wrong about that. I'm not willing to throw it away though, and I do make quilts from the squares.

I also found the pattern and remaining fabric for the last frivol I needed to finish.

Now I can get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment