Friday, August 27, 2021

White Cloud Quilt

 What do you do when you wake up at 4 am and can't go back to sleep? I cut out a quilt top. I haven't gotten the fabric I ordered yet, but I decided to go ahead and do a trial run of this pattern.

It takes seven fat quarters plus the accent color. I pulled out nine fat quarters that all work together. I think they are all, or mostly all, Bonnie and Camille. Just different lines. I wanted to use pink for the accent and cut all the pieces, but once I started sewing, I didn't think the pink was working.
The pink in the Bonnie and Camille designs is more of a corrally pink, and I had a bright pink. I also had red and I had navy. Neither really looked right so I switched to Kona snow. I've already gotten three rows done.
The snow color is not really what I wanted, but it's fine. The best thing is how fast and easy this is. Of course, most of the Villa Rosa patterns are fast and easy. This looks so much different though than the one I posted a few days ago with the black accents. The thing about this pattern is that the fabric does all the work. I am keeping it in mind for a fast baby quilt if I need one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment