Sunday, September 11, 2022

Another Finish

Oh happy day! I got the binding done on Candy Land! 


The binding matches the back—I wasn’t able to match the solid teal on the border. I’ve had it several years and can’t remember where I originally bought it. This was my June UFO, so it was about time I got it done.

Let’s see…what else? My friend Alan is in the hospital with some kind of weird infection. I finally made it by to visit with him today. He is on antibiotics via IV, so not sure when he will be able to go home, but I do know this. Type 2 diabetes is not something to mess around with. There are serious consequences to not managing that disease.


The glasses came today that I had ordered. The dogs had chewed up another pair. I only use them for reading or sewing so I have a habit of laying them on the coffee table, and then they are fair game I guess. I need to buy stock in Readers.com as I order three or four pairs at a time.

We went out to eat a Gonzales cafe. The most hole in the wall Mexican restaurants have the best steaks, at least around here.


They had a 10 oz. Ribeye with six grilled shrimp for $18.99. You can get salad and potatoes or rice and beans with it. I didn’t love the fries and will get the rice and beans next time, but the steak and the shrimp were really good. I had leftovers which I brought home for the dogs. They really didn’t deserve it after destroying my glasses, but I don’t hold grudges. Lucky for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment