Friday, September 30, 2022

Not What I Expected

I'm not really sure what I expected, but I got the border fabric for my Hanging Gardens quilt and though I would go ahead and get it cut and sewn on. So many of the Asian-style prints are directional and this is no exception.


I don't know if the picture shows it very well, but this is sort of pinky red. The picture on the website looked like a bright red, which I thought had more of an Asian vibe. Not sure I love this. Well, I do like pink, so why not give it a try?

I had measured the quilt top at 80" x 84" so I ordered extra fabric as I expected to need more to keep the pattern all going in the correct direction, and because I have been shorted when ordering online.  It turns out the top is 90" x 90". I really don't know how I could have missed it by that much. 

I got the cutting done and started adding the borders. Still not sure I love this fabric so I laid it out for a better look after I got the side borders put on.

Yes, I did put the side borders on the top and bottom. I knew the border fabric was directional, but I forgot about the top also being directional.

This is turning into a comedy of errors, but I'm not amused about it. I'm mostly just aggravated. I managed to get the two borders taken off--which took longer than sewing them on. I hope to get them on today, but I've sort of lost heart on this one.

In the meantime, here is a video of Kat (number 2) being her awesome self.

https://fb.watch/fRZIbU_AZE/





No comments:

Post a Comment