Thursday, September 1, 2022

August Goal Progress

My August quilting goals was Totally Tulips. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the backing fabric I bought for it, and since it matches the border, I didn't want to use something else. I decided to just sub in another quilt that I knew I had backing for, and here is the finish:

This is the Shout It Out pattern, and it made a pretty big quilt considering it only took a layer cake plus some additional yardage. I think it was 63" X 85". 

I'm also got my Sampler Store items finished for the upcoming quilt show. I did these two table runners 

and about 20 over-the-collar dog bandanas. In the rush to get everything delivered last week, I forgot to take pictures of the bandanas, but here is a picture of my daughter's dog wearing his:
I did them in college colors (University of Texas and Texas A&M) and Christmas prints. I have about a yard of bandana print that I want to use to make some more but we'll see when I have time to get that done.

So, the September number is eight. My number eight for quilting is Hanging Gardens. When I finish this post, I will go and check to see if I have a backing for it. For piecing, I have Curvy Log Cabins in the number eight slot. I would love to get it done, but I haven't really been in the mood to work on it, so I'm not too sure about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment