Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Flanged Binding

I thought about waiting to post this until I could get the binding completely finished, but I don't know when that will be. Here are pictures of the binding and the entire (unbound) quilt.


I had to go find a Youtube tutorial to refresh my memory on what sizes to cut the two fabrics. The main color is 1.5" and the flange color is 1.75". It seems kind of counter-intuitive to me, but it works.

I stitched in the ditch between the green and the check, and needless to say, it is harder than it looks to keep the stitching in the ditch! 

Two of my corners were a little funky, and I remember that being my issue last time I tried this technique. I am going to try and get the entire binding stitched down and then decide if I want to redo the corners or not.

I do love the green with the navy gingham check!

No comments:

Post a Comment