Sunday, September 4, 2022

Comfort Quilts

I forgot to post this yesterday, so here it is. A group I volunteer with at church makes comforters for the local dialysis centers and I think some actually get donated to patients receiving chemo as well. They don't have any batting so technically are not quilts but can be called comforters. The top and back is sewn together with the back brought around to the top to form a sort of binding, and they are tacked together with crochet thread. Here are some pictures of the ones we have done this year that will be donated as soon as they are blessed.



I assume the blessing will be done today. There are more in the smaller chapel, but I didn't venture into there to take pictures. Anyway, although I'm not really attracted to tied quilts, these are appreciated by the local organizations that receive them. It is also a good way to connect with other ladies during the week, and to be a good steward of the abilities God has given me.

Other than that, I am continuing to work on customer quilts with a few charity quilts thrown in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment