Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Some Progress

Yesterday was a strange day for me. I hadn’t slept much the night before and ended up staying home most of the day. I did get my new furniture.

It will take a little getting used to I think, as it is not the style I would normally have chosen. With the dogs, we need something easy care, and we opted to get something with recliners in each end for the nights we can’t sleep. At least we can rest in the recliners when the insomnia hits. I also got an additional rocker recliner but now I need to get rid of one of the end tables as the sitting area is pretty full. I put dog beds on the sofa and loveseat to contain the dogs.


They have already staked out their spots.

We had a man working on the chimney most of the of the day—it has apparently been struck by lightening, and most of the mortar is cracked and/or crumbling. When we get a heavy rain, water leaks through the chimney stack (the part inside the attic) and runs through the ceiling of the family room. We have done everything to fix the leak, had the roof inspected, you name it, but couldn’t really find the source. I’m hoping this works, and we can fix the sheet rock for the final time.

We had volleyball in the evening. The girls won the first three games so we were through early. Kathryn played really well.




I also did some sewing. More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment