Friday, September 23, 2022

Goal Progress

I actually got the hanging sleeves added to all three quilts and got them dropped off at the church this afternoon. I was in such a hurry, I didn't get any pictures, but I'm sure no one is interested in a picture of a hanging sleeve anyway. I got chastised for not having the correct size of sleeve! I had asked at the meeting and was told I needed to cut the fabric 4.5" so I cut it 5" to have a little extra. I was told today that it should be cut 9" so it would be 4.5" on each side. Well gee. I have the sheet I was given at the last guild meeting "Quilt Entry Information", and nowhere on that sheet does it say anything about the size of the sleeve. Which is why I asked someone. Maybe I need to be more careful who I ask. 

I'm still struggling with the Hanging Gardens quilt.

I think I am stalling out because of the borders. I had debated about adding another border last year and decided not to, but nothing has moved forward since then, and I think I really want another border. Also, the current size is 80" x 84" which is kind of awkward. I think another 10 or 12 inches would make it a more useable size. I pulled out some stuff I have on hand to see if anything works, but I'm not sold on any of these.
The fabrics in the top are all Asian-inspired, and I will probably see what I can find online to order. I already checked the LQS, and they don't have much Asian. I would like to find something and get it on the way so I can make myself finish this quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment