Monday, January 2, 2023

A Finish and Labels

I finished my December UFO before the year ended…..the Scrappy Trips I started on the 29th.

I like it a lot. I had intentions of donating it or gifting it. Hmmm, maybe I will keep it a little while and rethink that idea. I have made several, and some I have liked, and others not so much. I think I am partial to all the red in this one. I used red for the back, and the same for the binding.


I was able to use one of my 2022 labels, so that was good. These are printed on satin-type ribbon and fold over.
I stitch them on with the binding when I sew it to the back of the quilt.

I ordered these from an Etsy seller, and when I got ready to order my 2023 labels, I couldn’t remember the shop name, and ended up with these:
Yuck! I don’t like the feel of the fabric, I don’t like that they’re not precut, I don’t like how light the printing looks. They look like they will get even lighter over time, so I don’t think I will be using them. The good news is that I found the original shop (LabelsFactory) I ordered from in past years and placed an order. The shop is in Europe, so I won’t get them soon. If I get things finished before I get my new labels, I may have to use one or two of the yucky ones. 

2 comments:

  1. I like your Scrappy Trips. Thanks for the tips on the labels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I like the quilt so much I am thinking of starting another.

      Delete