Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Cheaper by the Dozen Quilt

I was planning to use a couple of the fat quarter bundles I was gifted to make an oldie but a goodie.

The problem I’m having with the fat quarters is there are only five different prints, so lots of repeats. I did manage to find a half yard in my stash that coordinates pretty well, and I added that in.
The one I added in is the one on the top left.

Once I got a few blocks sewn, I started laying out the blocks.
Hmmmm….. I don’t like it. For the pattern to be effective, there really needs to be 12 different fat quarters. I also think it works better with more contrast. 

I went back to my stash and found some light pink I can use for sashing and tried the blocks that way. I think I will like this better:
This will take a little longer, but not too much, and it will be worth it. I still have plenty of these fat quarters. I think there were 32 total, and I have used 10. 




No comments:

Post a Comment