Tuesday, January 31, 2023

To-Do-List Tuesday 1-31-23

Rain and more rain....this time with cooler temperatures. I had turned the a/c on Sunday evening as it was damp and humid (and warm) in the house; then I woke up Monday to cold weather. It is perfect weather to stay inside and sew. I made so-so progress on my to-do list:

1) Inner and outer borders for Cheaper by the Dozen. Once again, I did nothing on this one.
2) Finish the pinwheels for the border workshop. Yes! Although, I decided to increase the size of one of the borders, so I had to make four more during the workshop.

3) Two day workshop on borders--Thursday and Friday. I completed the workshop; now to complete the quilt.

4) Bind keyhole quilt. Almost...i was on-track to get this done yesterday when I realized I hadn't sewn a label into the binding. Unfortunately, I didn't have my 2023 labels with me, so it didn't get finished. Maybe today.
5) Borders for Two Step quilt. Another almost. I got the inner borders done, and got the outer borders cut, but that's as far as I got. 

All in all, it's not bad considering I spent two days at a workshop, and most days my back was bothering me enough that I couldn't do much for extended periods of time.

I obviously have some things to finish this week. The other issue is that I am really itching to start something new, so I'll see how long I can resist. Here's the list:

1) Put borders on the Cheaper by the Dozen quilt.
2) Finish the borders on the Two-Step quilt.
3) Add a label and finish binding on keyhole quilt.
4) Work on borders quilt.
5) Three customer quilts

I will need to be at church this morning; we are cleaning out some storage areas. You know how it is when there are people who have problems throwing things away. I think we can make pretty good progress on that and should be finished around noon. If we can finish that early, I will go to the shop and see what I can get done there. Have a good week. I am linking to Quilt Schmilt.

3 comments:

  1. My back doesn't let me sew all day either, let alone two like that. Helps to just get up and do something for a bit and then come back to it. Hold off on that starting something new just yet--use it as a reward for finishing your list! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn you did well with your list since you were at a two day workshop. Your border on your medallion quilt is beautiful. Good luck with this week’s list. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday 😃 Carol
    QuiltSchmilt@gmail.com
    https://quiltschmilt.ca/blog-posts/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I "get" people who are unable to throw anything away. I used to deal with that at the church offices where I worked (can you see my eye roll?) I love your blues and yellows!

    ReplyDelete