Sunday, January 22, 2023

Weekend Progress

 Saturday was a busy day. It started with a basketball game.


It is the YMCA league, and this was their first game.....literally the first ever. I think they have had two practice sessions so far. Lots of double dribbling and lots of traveling, but they are still learning. 

After the game, I went the shop to get some things done. I had a charity quilt to do for a guild member which I quilted on Friday, and I wanted to get that off the frame and trimmed.


The dimensions are a little unusual. It also refused to lay flat. It was like wrestling a live animal, but I persevered and got it done. The backing is more of that lingerie stuff that was donated to the guild. I think this was the last of it.
It's like a tricot knit with a fuzzy side. It is a little hard to work with, but it does have a nice dimension once it is quiilted.

I got some binding made for a customer quilt....I still need to sew it on. I also checked my APQS UFO lists and decided to get the borders done on the Urban Jungle top.

I don't know why I put off doing the borders for so long......I really like making blocks, but I really don't like doing borders. This particular border fabric was directional, which meant it got put off even longer. It can go on the "tbq" pile now. While I was on a roll, I decided to load the keyhole quilt (also a APQS UFO goal), and get the quilting done.
The quilting got finished, but I still need to take it off the frame. I'm not really sure when I'll get the binding done.

1 comment:

  1. I had to chuckle at you wrestling the quilt. ;) Your quilting looks beautful. I really like that keyhole quilt.

    ReplyDelete