Monday, January 9, 2023

Some Progress

I had some time to work on the jelly roll project…..Two Step. I got all the blocks done, mainly because I couldn’t sleep very well and ended up getting up at 3am. I started sewing, and the dogs kept me company.

For them, it was too early to be moving around. 

I got all the blocks ironed before church.

I went to early church and should have had the rest of the day to sew but ended up taking a two-hour nap, then I watched a movie on tv. I made myself go into the bedroom and lay out all the blocks, and by last night I had three rows sewn together. Here are the first two:
It’s not my usual style, but I think it will be okay. A lot of people love purple, so there won’t be a problem finding a recipient for it. I’m not sure I have enough of the purple left to do an inner border, but I’m pretty sure it came from my LQS, so hopefully I can get more. I will probably go ahead and get something for an outer border if they have something that will work. I’m not wanting to buy more fabric, but since I have a definite plan for it, I will no doubt make an exception. This project will go on my To-Do-List for tomorrow.

Today I am going to pick Kathryn up from school and we are going to go to the nail salon. The manicure I got two weeks ago is starting to look ragged, and she informed me she is still wearing the same pedicure she got for homecoming. Hmmmm. That’s been a while ago.

3 comments:

  1. Dogs are good company aren't they. I like your start on your purples. Hope you enjoy your trip to the salon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete