Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Free Pattern - Sweet Balance


I thought at first this was 2-1/2” strip friendly, but the strips are cut 3-1/2”. The benefit of that is the size of the finished quilt—it’s 87” x 99”. It uses 13 different fabrics, and one of them is 2 yards, but all the rest is 1-1/8 yard or less, so potentially a stash buster. Of course, the coordinated collection they used does make a pretty quilt. Here’s the pattern

I was in Corpus pretty much all day yesterday. Making the drive both ways in one day was tiring for me. I made a couple of stops while I was there. One stop was an antique mall, and the other stop was JoAnn fabrics. There was nothing I needed at the antique mall, but I am such a sucker for these little baby dresses:
I try to limit myself to one, and this is the one I chose. I wanted to look at patterns at JoAnn; unfortunately they were only 30% off, so I only got two. Thread was also on sale, and I got some spools of the colors I never seem to have.
I have an idea for a top like the one on the right made from vintage fabric, but the idea is still percolating. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a gorgeous pattern, I mustn't keep looking at it, too many squirrels in my room already!

    ReplyDelete