Tuesday, January 3, 2023

This and That

I spent the second day of the new year working on some of the things I have been putting off. I had planned to go to my 7am exercise class and had about an hour to kill, so I started cleaning out the pantry.

Two hours later l I had missed my class and wasn’t quite finished. I took everything out so I could get an idea of what all was in there. It’s deep and not very wide so things tend to get lost. I sprayed it out with bleach, wiped everything down, and let it dry. I threw away everything that looked like it had been hanging around too long. I also found 9 cans of diced tomatoes. LOL. I made an inventory list that I can tape to the inside of the door—I am not the most organized, so we’ll see how long that lasts. 

After the pantry, I vacuumed and mopped the kitchen and living areas. I needed to dust but ran out of time and motivation.

I went to drop some stuff off at my shop, and found my Christmas cactus is blooming.


So pretty! I don’t think it bloomed last year. Of course, it is a week late, but that’s okay. I ended up staying about an hour so I could finish the binding on the farm panel.

I put out some cat food before I left and look who showed up!

There are two cats that seem to live next door, but the people who live there are only there every other weekend, so I buy dry food and put out for the kitties. You can see he has been eating pretty well this winter. His friend is a gray striped tabby. 

Today I will be in Corpus to get the annual maintenance done on my car, so no sewing or quilting will be done. I did stick a cross stitch project in my bag, so that’s something I may work on.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got your exercise after all. ;) I did a food inventory last week - first time I've done that in ages - and now I need to update it. So glad you are feeding the kitties, we do that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. I am curious to see how it will go with the food inventory. I think I need to do one for the freezer also.

      Delete