Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Productivity

I have said it before, I am a person who needs a written list with some defined goals. The problem with all that is that I am not by nature a list maker. I do like having goals, though. If I just work on whatever I want to, I will do 10 or 20 things, make a big mess, and finish nothing. 

I managed to get the second Villa Rosa pattern cut out and started making the strip sets. 

I’ve made this pattern before (Cloud Nine), and it’s very fast. I should have this one pieced by the end of the week.

I got the other one almost finished. I just need to add the bottom border.


I have it put together already, just not attached to the quilt. I got a little freaked out when I added the top border because I saw some dirty spots on the white. I sprayed some laundry spray on it, and then ran warm water on it, and the spots came out. Then when I was taking it to the bathroom to hang over the shower curtain, I got all tripped up and stepped on it with my shoe. More dirty spots. It was like a comedy, but I wasn’t laughing. The quilt will be gifted, and I don’t want any dirt on it. It seems to be fine now.

I got a few rows of quilting put on the customer quilt I’m working on.


This customer is an 83-year old lady. She is so amazing—I want to be like her when I am that age. Unfortunately, there is a little fullness in the quilt center and in the borders, so I am having to take my time with this one. I want it to be perfect as it really is a pretty quilt. You can see the quilting pattern is pretty “open”. She chose it and didn’t want anything too dense. I hope she will like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment