Saturday, June 25, 2022

TGIF

What a strange week it's been. I've been busy, and the days are just evaporating. It's like I barely get started, and then it's time for bed. I worked until 9pm yesterday trying to get caught up on some things here at the shop. I would like to get caught up with all the customer quilts so I can work on a few of my charity quilts if possible. I struggle to keep things tidy here......quilting and sewing are messy! 

I cleaned off the desk, and it looks like I just made a bunch of piles

I'll need to make another attempt at getting it clean. Also, my shop is on a main road with lots of traffic, and there is a lot of dust. It seems like I am dusting and sweeping daily. Okay, the sweeping is mostly from the lint and fluff generated by the quilting machine. I have two of these robotic vacuums, and they are my best friends some days.


I still like the open cabinets in the kitchen where I had Bill take the doors off the upper cabinets.


But, again, that is another dusting opportunity. If I ever become financially solvent on this place, I will hire someone to do some cleaning weekly. For now and the immediate future, I have to do it myself.

I have been working some on the Shout It Out top. I went to Quilters Patch yesterday to find something for the inner border and decided on this eggplant grunge.

I had no preconceived idea of what I wanted, but this one seemed to work the best. I only knew I didn't want white as there is already a lot of white in the quilt. I'll try to get the inner border done and work on the outer pieced border this weekend.

I bought a three yard quilt kit a few months ago that came with a free pattern, and I have misplaced the pattern.

I looked at the Fabric Cafe website to see if I could download a digital copy, but after looking at the picture of the pattern, I realized I don't need the pattern; it's easy enough to figure out from the picture. I normally won't do a design without buying the pattern unless it's a traditional pattern that's been around forever, but since I already had the pattern and lost it, I don't feel bad about it. I hope to get started with the cutting soon.

Quilt Guild was yesterday morning, and it was kind of different. The ladies I normally sit with were not there, and three other ladies sat down. Which would have been okay, but they made a lot of negative comments sort of under their breath about a lot of things. When the guest speaker was giving her talk (which I though was quite interesting), they were muttering "I wish she would just hush" and "Is she ever going to shut up?" It made the whole meeting a little unpleasant for me, and normally I have a good time. Funny how a few negative people can dampen the whole mood. Anyway, I brought home a few more of the kits for Joseph's Warriors, and then I made three more from my own stash. I am going to send them home with Janice next time she is here and she will get them pieced. I don't have much spare time right now, and she is looking for stuff to do indoors since it is so crazy hot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment