Monday, June 13, 2022

Weekend Update

The worst thing happened. Our A/C quit working Sunday evening. I know it’s not really the worst thing, but we live in South Texas and temperatures have been in the 100’s for the last few days, so it kind of feels like the worst thing. Bill had a portable unit that he had used in his shop, so that kept us from being too miserable. It won’t cool the whole house, but it will cool our bedroom enough so we could sleep.

I did my pretty good on my to-do list. I got both of the Villa Rosa quilts done. The Lady: 

I quilted it in white thread. I can’t remember what quilt pattern I used, but it looks nice.

I used one of the Lori Holt prints for the back.

I ended up using a red binding to coordinate with the back, and I think it works with the front, although it is not a 1930’s prints like the jelly roll I used on the front.

The other one is Cloud Nine:


The batiks have sort of a 1950’s retro vibe to them. I really like them. I used a dark gray thread and the basket weave quilt pattern.

Both of these will be gifted soon. 

I also got the QOV quilts bound and gave them to Janice for binding. 

The other thing on my list was to work on the Jacob’s Ladder quilt. I don’t have a picture, but I think I got two rows added to it. That only brings me up to five rows, so nothing amazing, but slow and steady wins the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment