Monday, June 20, 2022

Weekend Update

My weekends all seem to follow the same script. Saturday is Farmers Market, then quilting at my shop. Sunday is church, lunch out, float in the pool for a couple of hours, then an easy supper.

Bill’s girls were out of town this weekend…..their mom plans a trip for them every year on Father’s Day (hint, I don’t think it’s a coincidence, but I keep it to myself)….so Nichole wants to take him out Tuesday. 

I am not doing very well on my quilting goals. I worked a little on the new kit I bought, but it’s not one of my weekly goals. I got all the blocks sewn and ironed
I just need to add strips of white sashing around each one, and then I can put them together. I worked on the border of a Villa Rosa quilt Saturday, but it was so unmotivating I didn’t even take a picture. 

When I went to Krogers, I found the meal kits I like on sale.
The teriyaki is my fave. I had some leftover steak from when Bill grilled a few nights ago and added that.
I also forgot noodles came in the kit and cooked a pot of rice. We are having jambalaya today so I saved the rice for that.

The heat is oppressive here, and I am watering my plants every other day to keep them healthy. For some it may be a lost cause; others seem to like the heat.

I bought this plant a few years ago, and it was in full bloom. It hasn’t bloomed since, until now! I think the flowers are such a pretty color. Another surprise is the coleus.


I didn’t think coleus liked heat, but apparently they can tolerate it if given plenty of water. Unfortunately, the Creeping Charlie in this basket didn’t make it.
☹️ I will take it out and put some of my Bolivian Jew in its place. It seems to be quite happy with the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment