Monday, June 6, 2022

Weekend Update

It was a busy weekend. We went to the farmers market Saturday morning and got some produce. Tomatoes, corn, okra, and squash. One of the vendors had some small cucumbers that would have worked well for making pickles, but I just don’t have the time to do it anymore.

After that, I went to my shop and Sally picked up her quilt.

She was quite pleased with it, so that’s always a good thing. I have one to do this week for another new customer. She said it is a commission piece, and she would like to get it back pretty quickly. I don’t have much pending so it shouldn’t be a problem. 

I loaded another QOV quilt and was able to get it finished in a few hours.


Most of the QOV tops, at least the ones I get, are done by volunteer piecers, and they do a reasonably good job. This latest one was great….nice and square, no loose seams, well pressed. I wish they were all so great. Most f them come with precut binding as well. This one didn’t. I looked through my patriotic fabrics and found one I think will work.


The blue on the border is not quite navy, but this print looks pretty good. I haven’t found a use for it because of the bias print; I think using it as a binding will be the best. The backing is sort of a light shade of red, and this diagonal print looks good with that as well.
I just need to get the strips cut and the quilt trimmed so it will be ready for the lady that does the binding. She said she will be in Victoria this week, so I want to have this quilt plus the last one ready for her.

Sunday was not a sewing or quilting day. I walked the dogs, we went to church, out to eat for lunch, trip to the grocery store, then we spent a couple of hours floating in the pool. 

Today is Monday, and I have a whole list of errands I need to get done by the end of the day, so there may not be any sewing or quilting today either.

No comments:

Post a Comment