Friday, October 20, 2023

A New Project

I feel like I am on the verge of starting a new project....in spite of my resolve about finishing up all the UFO's. In all fairness, I have been making pretty good progress on UFO's (yes, that's how you justify things!)

I was trying to find some six-inch blocks to finish up some of my charity quilts, and when I decided to look for blocks on Quilter's Cache, I found this:

I think it is so pretty. If I calculated correctly, this one is around 75" square and could easily be made larger by adding a border. In fact, I think it would look great with a border from a blue and yellow print.

I have a lot of blue and yellow fabric, and I noticed when I was at the church auction, the larger quilts (queen-sized) bring a lot more money. That would give me until next year to piece it and get it quilted, so I'm pretty sure it will happen. 

Now that I look at this picture again, I am realizing it's a lot like one I already made. 

It's a little different, but definitely the same style. I guess I like this style.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment