Saturday, October 7, 2023

What I'm Working On

I finally bit the bullet and put some pleats in the A&M fabric I was hoping to use for embellishment on a dish towel. 

In my defense, this is not heirloom stitching; I did no measuring or marking for the pleats. I just pressed some folds into the fabric with the iron, and then zigzagged the strip to the towel. I kept reminding myself: it's a dishtowel--don't spend too much time on it. Anyway, I wasn't happy with the way it looked when I tried to ruffle the strip, but I am okay with the pleats.

Here's the set, minus the cheese board that will go with it.


It was a Texas A&M kind of day, and I finished Vickie's quilt.
It's a queen size, so pretty big.

I have been (sort of) decluttering at the house. I found a box of fabric that needs to be dealt with and pulled out this piece to add to my charity stuff.
Isn't it cute? It's only a yard, and it is 44" wide. I will need to find a way to make it bigger before it can be quilted. I pulled out some possible pieces I can use to add borders.
I also pulled out some black and white polka dot that I want to use to make pinwheels to go along the top and bottom. I will take pictures of whatever I decide to do, but mostly, I am excited to work on it and get another piece or two out of the stash. 

Have a good weekend everyone. I am headed to a soccer game this morning. We had that nice rain a couple of days ago, so I am spraying myself down with OFF. I will take the can along in case anyone else needs some. 

1 comment:

  1. Your A&M set is so pretty! And so is the quilt. That big machines fabric is similar to some I used for a quilt for my grandson - so cute. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete