Monday, October 30, 2023

Weekend Update

First of all, let me say there wasn’t much sewing happening at my house. I have a customer quilt that I started quilting, and I wasn’t happy with it, and I’m ripping out the quilting. It is taking forever! Other than that, one grandson had an awards ceremony Friday, and his mom was out of town, so I was recruited to go.
Oh, he’s a cutie. The award was for character. 

His dad wasn’t sure if he could attend, but he ended up being there after all.

Kathryn’s volleyball team is in playoffs right now, so that’s another thing to attend.
Here’s four generations all together. You can see we are getting progressively taller with each generation. Kathryn is 6’, and Julia is 5’10”.

Sunday was another potluck at church. I know—all we do is eat! 


It was reformation Sunday, and everyone was wearing red. There was a lot of food, but we had a good turnout, so there weren’t a ton of leftovers. I fixed enchilada meatballs and a pumpkin cake. 

I did have some cake leftover, but I managed to give it away before I left so I didn’t have to bring any home.

I worked in the yard when I got home. I’m not quite through with it, but it can wait until I have more energy. I also finished piecing the Nona quilt. I’ll try to get a picture of it tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Your granddaughter is beautiful, and that 4-generation photo is priceless. How nice that your grandson got an award for character, he looks like a sweetie. I'd be right at home at your church - yay for potlucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment, Linda. When my granddaughter was born, my maternal grandmother was still living, and I had a five-generation picture of all of us. I don't know what happened to it, but I suspect my mom has it squirreled away somewhere.

      Delete