Tuesday, October 10, 2023

To-Do-List Tuesday 10-10-23

Hello Tuesday! The weather has been cooler, and I’m enjoying being outside more. Of course, that affects my sewing time, and ultimately my to-do list results. Let’s see how it all played out.

1) Finish piecing charity quilt I started last week. Yes.
I am still using the Lickety Split pattern. I had ten fat quarters of this cute doggie print.

2) See if I can get borders sewn on the two vintage quilts I bought. No.
3) Bind Bohemia quilt. No. I started making the binding, and then changed my mind and decided I wanted a flange binding, so slight delay on this one.
4) Bind four customer quilts Yes, thank goodness.

5) Make some potholders for Lutherfest silent auction. Yes. Plus a towel.

Not as bad as I expected, I guess. What’s on the list for this week? 
1) Bind Bohemia quilt.
2) Cut out another charity quilt.
3) Borders for the two vintage quilts.

I need to be a little realistic about what I can accomplish this week. Lutherfest is Sunday, and that will require set up time on Friday and Saturday, and I’ll need to make cookies and cakes on Friday. Plus, out of town visitors will be here Saturday.

Today we have a luncheon at church for Pastor Appreciation. Something ironic: I am usually asked to bring a dessert, and last time I didn’t have time to bake, so I picked up a cake at the grocery store bakery. This time, I was asked to bring a salad. That made me laugh. Have a good week! I am linking this post to Quilt Schmilt.

6 comments:

  1. Lol on bringing a salad! Your charity quilt is so cute. Enjoy your time outside - we have had the windows open but had to turn the AC on yesterday afternoon. Can't wait for it to get cold and stay cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I love those doggie prints.

      Delete
  2. Yes, there was a lot on your list. Impressed with you binding four customer quilts...wow, takes me ages to do! Beautiful projects you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karin. On the binding, I do it by machine, and you definitely get faster with more practice.

      Delete
  3. I've switched to bringing Jello salad to church dinners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have worked too! I did a macaroni salad.

      Delete