Friday, October 13, 2023

Friday the 13th

I'm generally not superstitious, so Friday the 13th doesn't bother me a bit. I'm not sure why it's even considered bad luck, although I know the movie didn't help any, and some people say 13 is an unlucky number. I don’t consider it to be unlucky.

Luck or not, I got the binding finished on Cathy's quilt.

The back was an olive green ombre, and that's what I used for the binding. The shading was pretty subtle on the binding, so it looks good. Speaking of ombre, I also got my Bohemia quilt bound.
I used a purple flange, which I like.
I was in a hurry to get finished and didn't do a perfect job on getting the binding overlapped evenly, but I am not planning to re-do it. I need to move on to other things. Like this:
I got the pinwheels added to the top and bottom of this cute top. All I need now is a border to tie it all together. I can make girl-friendly quilts all day long as I have lots of fabrics with flowers and paisleys and butterflies, but not too many boy-friendly fabrics. I am now making a point to look for the more masculine prints when I hit a good sale or find large pieces with the rolled remnants at JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby.

Today I am baking cakes and cookies for church. I need three cakes and three dozen cookies, and I'm praying the weather won't be too hot as I will need to have the oven on all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment