Thursday, October 26, 2023

What I'm Working On

I've been busy working on quilt guild stuff--paperwork and making contact with presenters for next year's programs. Wow, it's hard to get in touch with people. I did talk to the lady who is going to do the January program, and she has returned her contract to me with a supply list, so we are ready to go on that one. She sent me this picture that I can share with everyone at the meeting tomorrow: 

I think it's super cute. I hope everyone else thinks so too. It's made off of this Edyta Sitar pattern:

There should be a lot of color options for making this.

Other than that, I started putting together the commission quilt I committed to.

I think the fabrics are going to be an issue. I am doing my best with pressing them; being careful not to use too much heat since I don't know the fiber content. I sure don't want to scorch the fabric or permanently distort it. I'm pretty sure I will need to use some kind of a border so I can stabilize it properly before I quilt it. I was hoping to keep the vintage vibe, but the owner has no pre-conceived notions of how she wants it to look, so it's all on me.

I found this charm pack at the quilt shop:

The fabrics are so pretty. They only had one left (figures), so I am thinking table runner. I have Christmas ones already, but I can probably find a use for another one--maybe even a gift.

Today is our guild meeting, and I need to see how many people want to make the jacket so the instructor can order enough patterns. She said we will need to make the stars ahead of time, so I'm going to try and collect the money early and get the patterns so I can distribute them to those that want to participate. Wish me luck on all that. 

4 comments:

  1. That is a cute jacket pattern. I've seen a few of those on Instagram lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cute! I need to look at Instagram for some color inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Have you thought about stabilizing the blocks themselves? I think that's what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I have not thought about that, but it's a good option.

      Delete