Monday, October 23, 2023

Some Sunday Sewing

 

I was actually planning to work on the yard after church. I have finally gotten the back looking decent and thought I could get something done with the front. By the time I got home it was windy and sprinkling rain. Okay. Change of plans. I was doing some scrolling on my iPad and found a quilt pattern I wanted to try. It’s called  Nona quilt.


It’s a goofy name, but I like the quilt. I especially like it in the red and blue pictured. Apparently, it was a recent quilt along on the Bernina blog. Here’s the pattern. For the quilt along, she used a different color way.

It’s nice, although I prefer the red and blue. It’s such a clean, country look. I didn’t have any red and blue on hand, or at least, not enough to do the entire quilt. No quilt shops are open on Sunday, but Walmart is. I was able to find a couple of things there I could use. I finished all 30 blocks.


Last night, I started sewing them all together and got about halfway done.

And of course, Reba photobombed the picture.

She’s got her ball on her mouth, as usual. I have no clue why she’s so obsessed with picture taking. 

I should be able to get the quilt top done this week. It’s really quick and easy.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got some rain. We are hoping for some this week. That pattern is right up my alley. Love the colors you're using!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. We ended up not getting a lot of rain, but we are getting some scattered showers today. Any is welcome!

      Delete