Saturday, October 8, 2022

Grandchildren and Other Blessings

I had been promising my grandson he could help me quilt his Mario quilt, but the kids have so many activities, and I am usually pretty busy, but we got a chance to make it happen today (Friday). Roger was out of school for the day, and I bumped some customer stuff so we could quilt. 

He helps with the computer prompts and monitors the percentage completion of each row.

I had it all loaded before he got here.

We managed to get it finished, and he was ready to take it home with him. I explained what the binding was and why that had to happen before he could use the quilts, so I will need to get that done.

Last night was volleyball. the girls won and three-game set. They are playing so well this year, and it's a lot of fun to watch them. This picture is after the game. It's Kathryn talking to my mom.


My mom is the short one in the family; the rest of us are all tall. Bill looks preoccupied--probably wondering how long we will chat.

This morning I baked cookies for Lutherfest and delivered them to the church.

I made an extra batch for Bill, and also for the grandkids. After I left the church, I doubled back to the quilt shop, and as soon as I walked in, I saw it.

This is the background fabric I was using for the Wistful quilt. The one I have lost and cannot find in any of my boxes. I bought it a couple of years ago, and I had no hope of finding more. Now I can get the quilt completed. So happy!


2 comments:

  1. You know you will promptly find it now ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that does tend to happen!

    ReplyDelete