Sunday, October 23, 2022

Sewing Machines and Other Stuff

I have several sewing machines. Somehow or another I convinced myself I needed a new machine. The two I normally use (both Janomes) have a hard time with really thick seams. I have some old all-metal singers that will sew through most anything, but they don’t have the modern conveniences I have gotten used to. Things like built-in needle threaders and thread cutters. I googled “heavy duty Janome”, and found out there are three HD models. This is the one I ordered:


I found a refurbished one, and that kind of helped me justify the purchase. It also had the extra-high lift on the presser foot, so I can use it for sewing rope bowls. At least I hope I can. I did call and talk to the dealer and was told I can return it if it doesn't do what I want it do. It came yesterday afternoon, but I haven't had a chance yet to use it. 

Yesterday was also football. My grandson plays center, so this is my normal view:


LOL. I didn't know being a grandparent would be so much fun, but it is! Kudos to the dads who are giving up their free time to work with these boys. I'm not sure how they even keep all the names straight--Carson, Lawson, Dawson, Jackson, Braxton.....they all seem to rhyme. But, the coaches seem to know who is who.

We went to Thai Orchid for dinner and I ordered Pad Woon Sen instead of my normal Pad Thai.

Oh my! So good with the stir fried glass noodles. I got it with pork, and it was delicious. I will definitely order that again.

2 comments:

  1. OK I just found your original post about the new Janome and you got a refurbished one like the one I was just looking at! Gosh that is so tempting, I might just ask Santa for one. Glad you are getting to watch your grandson play football. We went through years of watching our older grands in their sports, and now we have The Littles starting out. We'll watch our little granddaughter play soccer on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just mentioned to my husband that I don't know what we'll do for entertainment when sports season is over! I ordered my machine from Ken's Sewing Center in Alabama, and they have quite a few refurbished ones.

      Delete