Sunday, October 30, 2022

Some Me Time

I spent most of yesterday on customer stuff. I had Chris’s quilt on the frame.

It’s the same kit I bought from the LQS. I finished the piecing but haven’t had time to quilt it. 

For whatever reason, mine had a different color of border. It will probably go on my 2023 UFO list. Oh well, customer stuff pays the bills; my stuff doesn’t. 

I stopped a little early so I could do some of own sewing. I got to play with my new machine.

So far, no issues with thickness. No hesitation and no skipped stitches. I’m happy with it. I also worked a little on the Kaffe design roll. I keep a stack by the machine so I can do a few whenever there is an opportunity.

I got quite a few done and feel like maybe I am making some progress.

I have maybe 20 or 30 more pairs left to sew, and then I can start on the sashing. All in good time I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a relaxing day! Glad you are liking the new Janome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Linda. I am actually liking the Janome a lot. The black color shows every speck of dust, but other than that, it is great.

      Delete