Tuesday, October 18, 2022

To-Do- List Tuesday 10-18-22

Can you believe it's already been a week?! I always feel like the week gets away from me, and I didn't do as much as I should have. But, when I go back and look at last week's goal list, I did more than I realized. Aren't we always too hard on ourselves? Here's last week list, with a progress update:

1) Get a binding on grandson’s quilt. Done and gifted. 

2) Work on the green and aqua strip sets, and see how many blocks I can get done. All the blocks are made, and I started putting them together, although I didn't get far with that.

3) Finish piecing the Keyhole quilt. I have the center pieced, but I can't figure out where I put all the extra pieces I need for a border. I'm sure I have them somewhere, but ???
4) Get the strips organized for Wistful, and see what I still need to cut. Done, but I seem to be missing some pieces to this one as well.

I am beyond frustrated with this "losing stuff" situation. Both of these quilts will go back into the closet until I can find what I need. This is not bringing me joy.

For this week, I am going to keep it simple. The scraps are starting to pile up, and I think anything smaller than a fat quarter needs to be cut into squares. Yardage that's smaller than 1/4 yard will get cut into strips. The last time I did a major effort on cutting up the scraps, I ended up making several quilts from the strips and squares, so it does help me use everything. And, well, that is the point. It gets a little intimidating so I will break it up into short intervals.

This week's list:
1) Spend 15-30 minutes each day cutting up the small pieces into useable squares and strips.
2) Work on the Kaffe Fassett design role. I started last week, but haven't gotten farther than adding a black strip to each strip.

3) Bind the customer quits I quilted last week.

Have a wonderful week, everyone. I will be at church today working on the comforters we make for local medical facilities. It is always a fun day, and it usually involves lunch out, so that is a bonus. In the meantime, I am linking to TexasQuiltGal.

6 comments:

  1. Your day at the church sounds like fun! I always like church events where food is involved. ;) Your grandson’s quilt turned out great - I bet he loved it. Good luck finding your pieces for Wistful. Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your attitude to cut up leftover pieces of fabric. I prepped quite a few pages (from the phone book) to make string quilt blocks... I've only made 2 blocks. Must get back at it one of these days.... I hate when I lose things. Sometimes if I walk away and forget about it I actually find the stuff while doing something else. It's a pain! Hope the stuff jumps out at you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy stitching (and eating) with friends! I hope you find those items that have gone missing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely frustrating to lose pieces you had set aside for certain projects! I sure hope they show back up. Your grandson's quilt is fun, and your plan to cut up scraps into usable sizes sounds like something I should be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had a great stitching week I think. Love your grandson's quilt. I'm always mislaying bits and pieces and I also forget about blocks I've made. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find whenever I cut up scraps I usually end up making something from them right after. It's like the smaller sizes spark creativity where the larger pieces were a stumbling block!

    ReplyDelete