Thursday, October 6, 2022

One Goal Done

Number 1 on my to-do list for this week was to get a charity quilt done. I’m happy to say I got it done.

This one was, quite frankly, a real pain the the neck. I was not the one who pieced it, and can honestly say I have never seen such a diverse collection of fabrics in one quilt. There is quilting cotton, seersucker, some kind of loose-woven sheer stuff, flannel, and I don’t know what else. Basically, a longarming nightmare. I did my best, but there is some fullness in the borders that I couldn’t avoid.

The good thing is, I was able to get the fullness worked in without any pleats. The backing is a stretchy, semi-plush fabric.

There was a local lingerie company that went out of business and donated their leftover fabric to the quilt guild. Some of our ladies seem to have a vested interest in using it for their charity quilts.

Okay, I’m through venting now. After I took it off the frame, I loaded a customer quilt and breathed a sigh of relief.

I mean, seriously, isn’t this beautiful? And, it’s all quilting cotton. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment