Thursday, October 27, 2022

Thankful Thursday


I got my new to me sewing machine unboxed and set up. I’m liking it so far…..sewing through the clothesline rope I use for the rope bowls and bags doesn’t seem to phase it at all.

The real test will be when I start zigzagging everything into a circle. I like the black—my other Janomes are white, but I didn’t really consider the fingerprint problem.

I’ll just need to be a little more diligent about keeping it clean. I’m not guaranteeing that will happen. 

I did get to make a trip to Ganado a few days ago. She has the new William Reue fabric line. I think it is called Log Tavern Road.

It’s super pretty. It took most of my resistance to not buy any. I still have the fat quarter pack I bought from the Madison One line. Until I use it, I don’t want to buy more. They had a sample quilt made up in the new line.

Simple, but very effective at showcasing the fabrics. 

Today is quilt guild. The lady from Joseph Warriors is coming to collect our charity quilts. More about that later.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I like that new Janome! I just looked one up online that is refurbished and watched a video demonstration. I do regret selling my Janome. I would love to sell my Necchi and get another Janome. That fabric line is gorgeous, so is the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. The refurbished ones are significantly less, and a good dealer will give you a warranty even though it's not new.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a beautiful new machine. Enjoy! What a pretty fabric line! I don't dare look too closely, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! His fabrics are gorgeous.

      Delete